School District of Levy County
Closing: Open Until Filled
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- A CPA certificate is preferred
- Skyward Enterprise Resource System experience is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory / administrative experience preferably with a school district or comparable government experience with an annual operation budget in excess of $50 million dollars.
Experience in preparing or reviewing GASB compliant annual financial statements. Ability to read, interpret and enforce Florida statutes, State Board rules and School Board policy. Ability to demonstrate administrative and technical expertise in multiple areas including budget, finance, accounting, auditing, investments, and payroll. Ability to use effective public relations skills. Ability to effectively use computer software and hardware. Ability to plan and present information to the public. Ability to effectively use problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze and accurately project FTE for the District. Ability to prepare and administer the District budget. Knowledge of group dynamics. Skills in consensus building. Strong written and oral communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent, Administration
To provide administrative leadership and supervision of finance service areas that result in efficient and effective operations to support educational excellence.
Coordinator, Purchasing / Inventory
Assigned Support Personnel
- *Provide leadership and direction for fiscal services to support instructional programs for educational excellence.
- *Develop or assist with development of District FTE projections
- *Respond to FTE audit reports.
- *In conjunction with the Assistant Superintendent, direct the preparation and administration of the annual School District budget.
- *Participate in the process of developing the District’s compensation plans.
- *Prepare agenda items for School Board meetings.
- *Provide leadership in the development of the District budget according to DOE and adherence to TRIM guidelines.
- *Oversee RFPs or bids as necessary in business services.
- *Oversee District’s cash management program.
- *Assist in the acquisition and disposition of School Board owned real property.
- *Oversee the District’s risk management program.
- Oversee the District’s payroll operation.
- Monitor District and school FTEs for the four survey periods.
- Respond to individual auditor concerns and questions during audit period and coordinate District’s formal response to audits.
- *Supervise the preparation of financial reports.
- *Oversee the required audit of internal accounts.
- *Oversee the operation of the purchasing process.
- Review budgets of departments and schools.
- Provide overall supervision of the District’s investment program.
- *Provide vision and leadership for implementation of technology in fiscal services.
- *Provide leadership and assistance in finance area to expedite District’s achievement of mission and serve as team leader for the fiscal services function.
- *Assist in the preparation for and conduct of collective bargaining negotiations.
- *Serve on the Superintendent’s Executive Leadership Team.
- *Work to maintain effective community relations and interpret financial matters to the community.
- Assist in the development of School Board policies and administrative guidelines.
- *Provide information to the Superintendent on the financial status of the School District and the wide use of its resources through sound business management practices.
- Keep abreast of legal requirements and proposed changes in areas of responsibility and provide advice to the Superintendent as to their impact on the District.
- *Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment action.
- *Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
- Enhance financial services by serving on local committees, visiting schools and making presentations.
- Maintain records of all capital building projects and assist with determining projects for which capital outlay funds may be used.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan.
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
*Essential Performance Responsibilities