Payroll Specialist - Leon County Clerk of Courts & Comptroller
Leon County Clerk of Courts & Comptroller
Closing: Open Until Filled
Member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process accurate and timely quarterly and year- end reporting when necessary (941s, W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual checks when needed
- Research and respond to payroll related inquiries and issues
- Assist the finance division with other assignments outside of primary responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Professional experience may substitute for college degree.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred but not required.
- 4-6 years experience processing payroll, governmental payroll experience preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Banner preferred.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.