Florida Municipal Power Agency
Closing: Open Until Filled
Perform functions to process and provide financial data and operating information to be used in the preparation of financial statements for the Agency and its associated projects to include operating expense allocation, project billings, and required reporting as well as to assist the Controller in accounting functions, general ledger and preparation of financial statements, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Assist the Controller to ensure that all accounting data is entered timely and accurately in compliance with established guidelines and policies. Assist other accounting staff, as needed teaching and resolving issues as necessary, unless needed to be brought to the Controller.
- Record accrued monthly expenses. Ensure that accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly expenses are accurately recorded into the general ledger. Review account balances and monthly activity. Reconcile and balance all deferral accounts, payables, and expense accounts. Investigate unusual items noted. Assist to analyze general ledger accounts and identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement for use in published financial statements. Prepare monthly financial statement package. Conduct variance analyses as needed, in addition to monthly for financial package and annually for the Annual Report and during our external audit.
- Obtain reporting forms from government agencies and financial institutions. Review requirements and prior year’s reports. Assemble and summarize data necessary to prepare report in required format. Reconcile report to documentation and submit to Controller.
- Prepare All Requirements Participation invoices based upon contracted rates and schedules. Input operating data, billing rates, credits, charges and adjustment items for each participant into database in preparation for billing. Identify any missing, misclassified, erroneous data. Run bills, review for correctness and submit to Controller for review.
- Allocate Agency operating costs to activity or project. Generate journal entry to record allocation and submit to Controller for review and posting t to the general ledger. Generate related billing invoices. Reconcile and balance invoices to general ledger.
- Maintain inventory of oil, natural gas and material and supplies inventories at the plant sites. Reconcile balances per operating reports and update inventory balances for purchases and quantities used for entry into general ledger. Reconcile balances and resolve any differences.
- Perform any range of special accounting projects as assigned by the Controller and assist with special projects or tasks that may be required.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing and operational software programs, and standard office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the following link: