City of Temple Terrace
Information Technology Specialist
Salary Range: $17.42 - $26.13 per hour
Closing: Open Until Filled
This is responsible work in operating and managing server and cloud based computer systems, as well configuring, and maintaining computer hardware and software. Responsibilities include resolving user help desk issues, assisting with user training; administering, coordinating, and operating domain-based networks and telephone systems; supporting the security of all computer systems and data; recommending, purchasing, and installing computer software and hardware systems and providing on-line system user support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of computer and network hardware, software applications, general I.T. security and operations, and IP network concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Server administration, including Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP, SQL, Anti-Virus, and firewalls
- Experience in administering and managing virtual server environments.
- Ability to follow written I.T. policies and enforce/explain said policies with other employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with good analytical decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous working relationships with fellow employees, vendors, and our citizens.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, push, and maneuver equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Training, Certification, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by Information Technology or Computer Science education.
- "Help Desk" experience supporting Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience in administering and managing virtual servers utilizing VMWare 5.5 and above.
- Minimum of three years' experience in the I.T. field.
- Or, and equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Florida driver's license.
The City of Temple Terrace is a drug-free workplace.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background investigation, and a driver's license verification may be conducted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE EMPLOYER