City of Chiefland
Project and Finance Coordinator
Salary Range: $31,447
Closing: Open Until Filled
The City of Chiefland offers a career opportunity for a full time Project and Finance Coordinator for Municipal operations. This is a technical and "hand-on/get-things-done" position managing and coordinating grants, preparing financial reports and coordinating annual budget preparation. Attendance at meetings outside business hours is required. Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Salary is $31,447. Applicants are subject to a FDLE background check and drug screen. Applications and a complete job description can be obtained at City Hall, 214 East Park Avenue Chiefland, FL. or at www.chiefland.govoffice.com. This position will remain open until filled. DFW EOE.
Purpose of Classification
The purpose of this classification, under administrative direction, is to provide executive level coordination of city finances and city projects including grants. The incumbent in this position reports directly to the CIty Manager. Performs related work as required.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Performs financial research and analysis.
- Coordinates annual budget preparation and financial reports.
- Facilitates city projects through coordination with city personnel and department heads.
- Researches grants for city-wide departmental needs and assists in the preparation of grant applications and grant requirements.
- Facilitates as liaison for city committee's.
- Assists City Manager in maintaining intergovernmental communications.
- Represents administration before the City Commission and other governmental agencies.
- Performs back up to Deputy Clerk regarding Commission business; performs back up to the Accounting Specialist regarding accounts payable.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Training, and Experience)
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Requires knowledge of mathematical practices.
- Requires knowledge of operations and functions of city departments.
- Requires knowledge of governmental budget procedures.
- Requires knowledge of computers and relevant software
- Requires knowledge of economic and accounting principles.
- Requires the ability to effectively work with department heads, coworkers and the general public.
- Requires knowledge of grant programs.
- Requires the ability to write and manage requests for proposal, requests for qualifications, and bids.
- Requires knowledge of city pay plans and operating procedures.
- Requires attendance at meetings outside business hours; may require some travel.
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to write legibly
- Assists in answering the phone
Valid Florida Driver's License