Broward County BOCC
Salary: $50,461.00 - $80,537.00 Annually
Closing: Open Until Filled
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for the position of ACCOUNTANT in the Elderly and Veterans Services Division/Human Services Department.
Professional accounting work in the classification, analysis and reporting of financial data, and may supervise clerical/technical level accounting support staff.
Works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting or finance.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
* Three (3) or more years' experience in governmental accounting work, including two (2) years' experience working with grants.
POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job as necessary.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of the division's financial policies and procedures relating to administration and fiscal operations
- Provide support services for day to day management of financial records including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounts reconciliation, and grant billings to funders.
- Responsible for processing contracted providers' invoices for payment; initiate and create Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Initiate, create/or review budget transfers and journal vouchers.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contracts of complex nature and provide assistance to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the billing, collection and proper recording of the division's revenue from various grants.
- Prepares special and regular reports, systematic and organizational analyses and work flow charts.
- Assist various grant programs' contracted providers through technical assistance with invoicing and fiscal matters.
- Assist in the development and submission of the division's budget as directed.
- Assist in the processing of contract invoices and reimbursement requests
- Knowledge of Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars.
- Prepare and maintain grant contracted services balance tracking spreadsheets for both payments and billings/receivables.
Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Performs light work that involves sitting and skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of electronic office equipment within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work Environment)
Unavoidable hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance:
Broward County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The ADA requires Broward County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Emergency Management Responsibilities:
Note: During emergency conditions, all County employees are automatically considered emergency service workers. County employees are subject to being called to work in the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as assigned.
County-wide Employee Responsibilities:
All Broward County employees must serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County's Employee Code of Ethics, gift, and conflict of interest policies.
All Broward County employees must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
BROWARD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES