St. Johns River Water Management District (SJRWMD)
Closing: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: This is work conducting independent financial and operational audits of the SJRWMD organizational units, projects, policies, and procedures to determine their efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with agency policy and applicable laws
Job duties include:
- Conducts reviews, investigations, assessments and analysis of SJRWMD organization units, projects, policies and procedures.
- Prepares written reports and makes recommendations to the Governing Board and Executive Management.
- Detects fraud, waste, abuse and deficiencies through reviews relating to agency programs and operations.
- Conducts annual comprehensive risk assessment of organizational units and prepares risk based audit plan for the fiscal year as required by F.S.
- Prepares an annual report for submission to the Governing Board outlining previous year’s activities as required by F.S.
- Keeps Executive Director and Governing Board fully informed.
- Accounting and auditing principles and procedures to include the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and governmental auditing standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 4 years of experience in at least one of the areas listed below. An advanced degree in law, accounting, public administration, or other relevant field may substitute for 1 year of required experience.
- Inspector general.
- Supervisory experience in an office of inspector general or an investigative public agency similar to an office of inspector general.
- Local, state, or federal law enforcement officer.
- Local, state, or federal court judge.
- Senior-level auditor or comptroller.
- The administration and management of complex audits and investigations.
- Experience managing programs for prevention, examination, detection, elimination of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, malfeasance, or misconduct in government or other organizations.
Professional Certification Requirement
The inspector general shall possess at appointment, or obtain within the first-year after appointment, a certification from the Association of Inspectors General as a certified inspector general.
The inspector general must have one or more other professional certifications, such as certified inspector general investigator, certified inspector general auditor, certified public accountant, certified internal auditor, certified governmental financial manager, or certified fraud examiner, certified financial crimes investigator or other related certification, or be a licensed attorney.
Background check and Drug Screening
Successful completion of a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level Two background check is required.
SJRWMD has determined this to be a mandatory-testing position as described in Section 440.102, Florida Statutes. Any offer of employment for a mandatory-testing position will be contingent upon successfully passing a drug screening paid by SJRWMD. The SJRWMD Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for review in the Careers section at www.sjrwmd.com.
The selection of the individual for this position will be made on the basis of integrity, leadership capability, and experience in accounting, auditing, financial analysis, law, management analysis, program evaluation, public administration, investigation, criminal justice administration, or other closely related field.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Minimum salary: $62,316.80
Starting salary commensurate with selected candidate’s competencies and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace