The current reporting period for your certification as a Florida Certified Government Finance Officer ends June 30 of this year
. In order to retain this certification, you must complete all of the following by July 31, 2016
- Pay your Re-Certification Fee ($40)
- Online CPE Reporting
- Ethics Exam
Renewals for the June 30, 2017 reporting period will open early June. You must wait until the new reporting period rolls over to make your 2017 re-certification fee payment. If you still need to renew for the 2016 period, please contact Karen Pastula
at (850) 701-3618.
1. Re-certification Fee Payment:
to pay your $40 re-certification fee online. If you prefer to pay by check, payment must be mailed with a postmark on or before July 31, 2016.
2. Online CPE Reporting:
You will be required to update your CPE credits online for evidence of continuing professional education for review by the Certification Committee. The required number of continuing professional education hours for your certification period is 80 hours, of which at least 20 hours must have been in accounting, auditing and/or technical business-related subjects and of which no more than 20 hours may be in behavioral subjects. Everyone will be required to report online
How to report CPE online:
1. Log into your FGFOA account
2. Go to CPE Reporting
3. Click on “Enter CEU/CPE Credits”. You will enter all NON-FGFOA CPE credits. Any credits taken from the FGFOA should already be listed. If you do not have a sponsor number, enter 00000. Once you have completed the process, you may print and retain a copy for your records. (Remember you may be subject to a random audit and proof of credits may be requested from you).
3. Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees Examination:
Each certificate holder must successfully pass the open book Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees Examination. A minimum score of 75 is required. If you prefer to NOT take the exam online, please request that a hard copy of the exam be sent to you. To take the online Ethics Exam or have a hard copy sent to you, please email Karen Pastula.
You must pay your re-certification fee, complete your online CPE reporting and return your Ethics exam (via online or a hard copy in the mail) to the FGFOA no later than July 31, 2016. If these items are mailed with a postmark later than July 31, 2016, or if the Ethics Exam is not taken by the required due date, a $25.00 late fee will also apply.
If you need further information or have questions, please contact Karen Pastula
at (850) 701-3618.