Kelly Strickland, Certification Committee Chair
The Certification Committee has had a very eventful Fall! This committee is responsible for administering and overseeing the CGFO program. We had great attendance for the 2016 School of Governmental Finance CGFO review courses which introduced several new instructors, and over 100 candidates sat for the exam.
The CGFO Designation
• Distinguishes you as a business professional who is committed to a strict code of ethics
• Confirms substantial knowledge of accounting, finance and important related fields and demonstrates the ability to integrate this information into the business decision process
• Demonstrates your commitment to personal professional development
• Provides an opportunity to assess and demonstrate capabilities and expand knowledge base
• Distinguishes you from peers and proves your commitment to excellence and lifelong learning
• Expanded career options
• Identifies you as a motivated professional for hiring, recognition and advancement purposes
• Provides personal satisfaction.
The Applications and Renewals Subcommittee, chaired by Matt Misco
The Applications and Renewals Subcommittee reviewed and approved 28 CGFO applications this quarter. Members continue to do an excellent job returning these applications in a timely manner. Thanks again to everyone who participated.
CGFO Renewals were due by July 31, with a percentage subject to a random audit. Once this process has been completed, members will be notified of their status.
To those interested in earning the CGFO designation, please be aware that the application deadline to sit for the Spring exam was January 15th. The application and program and the deadline to apply for the fall exams is September 15th. Requirements can be found on the FGFOA website.
The Exam and Review Subcommittee, chaired by Jeremy Baker
During the School of Governmental Finance, held October 23rd – 28th at the Sanibel Harbor Marriott Resort, over 100 CGFO candidates took over 300 exams towards their certification. This would not have been possible without the assistance of our instructors: Sara Koser and Kelly Strickland (Accounting and Financial Reporting), Barry Skinner and Matthew Pazanski (Treasury Management), Olga Rabel and Ann Marie Ricardi (Budgeting), John McKinney and Cheryl Miller (Financial Administration) and Tom Klinker (Debt Management). Also, a special thank you goes to our exam proctors: Jeremy Baker, Matt Misco, Olga Rabel, Uyen Le, Lorrie Simmons, Kelly Strickland, and Cheryl Miller. We wish all of the candidates the best of luck on their exams.